The BEST COURSE CHOICE for those with a children’s book idea and a desire to get published!
Children’s books are fun to read, and delightful to write. Share yours with a child, grandchild or the public, by discovering the way to write compelling children’s literature in the exciting, hands-on course.
Whether your goal is a picture book, storybook, middle reader or young adult novel, this course provides all the tools you need to succeed.
You’ll discover the joys of all these different children’s genres:
- Picture Books
- Concept Books
- Emergent Readers
- First Chapter Books
- Middle Readers
- Young Adult Novels
The course introduces you to great fiction and nonfiction children’s books for all ages.
Step by step, you’ll learn and practice:
- What Makes Great Children’s Literature
- The Difference Between Story and Plot
- Dramatic Elements for Great Fiction
- Character Building
- Tips for Polishing Your Work
Once you’ve created your book, you’ll learn how to:
- Find a publisher or agent
- Capitalize on the lucrative world of self-publishing
- Market your book for fun and profit!
In addition to the lessons, the course offers extensive supplemental materials, including reference lists of great children’s books in all categories, and more than a hundred links to web resources vital to any children’s author.
Over 1000 students have taken this course and rated it 5 out of 5 stars!
Whether this is your first children’s book or you’re an experienced author looking for new techniques, Writing for Children has what you need to get your idea published. Enroll now!
What are the requirements?
- Open to all aspiring writers, young or old, experienced or just getting started
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 15 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Downloadable, printable handouts and exercises
- 15 Discussion Areas where you can share your work and get feedback
- Turn Your Idea Into a Picture Storybook or Chapter Book
- Discover Your Dramatic Elements
- Develop Interesting Characters
- Construct Your Story in Three Acts
- Learn How To Write Effective Scenes
- Explore Viewpoint, Voice and Tense
- Get Published!
What is the target audience?
- First-Time Authors
- If Your Manuscript Needs Polish
- If Your Manuscript is Unfinished
- Authors Who Want to Get Published