The BEST COURSE CHOICE for those with an idea and a desire to get published!
Young Adult Fiction is today’s top-selling category. This class shows you how to turn your ideas into a bestselling novel or screenplay that will rival Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or Twilight.
Do you have a Young Adult novel idea, but aren’t sure where to begin? Have you started a novel, only to get stuck? Or perhaps you’ve completed a first draft, but want to add the luster of professional writing?
This course is for you! Featuring lively discussions between Young Adult Fiction authors Steve and Dani Alcorn, this engaging class gives you all the tools you need to create a bestseller.
We’ll reveal what makes Young Adult novels today’s most exciting genre, and show you how to use the techniques of top-selling authors to create your own finished novel. Step by step, you’ll learn and practice:
- What Makes Great Young Adult Fiction
- Planning Your Project
- Story Structure
- Character Building
- Viewpoints that work best for Young Adults
- Experiment with Tense
- Create a Vibrant Narrative Voice
- Build Vivid Settings
- Dialogue for Young Adults
- Beginnings and Endings
- Polishing Your Manuscript
- Cover Art that Sells Young Adult Novels
- Getting Published
- Marketing Your Work
In addition to the video lectures and panel discussions, the course includes extensive supplemental materials, featuring reference lists, exercises, checklists, and handy reference sheets.
What are the requirements?
- Open to all aspiring writers, young or old, experienced or just getting started
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 40 lectures and 7 hours of content!
- Downloadable, printable handouts and exercises
- 40 Discussion Areas where you can share your work and get feedback
- Turn Your Idea Into a Young Adult Novel
- Discover Your Dramatic Elements
- Create a Premise that Sells
- Develop Interesting Characters
- Construct Your Novel in Three Acts
- Learn How To Write Effective Scenes
- Explore Viewpoint, Voice and Tense
- Add Conflict, Mystery and Suspense
- Polish Your Manuscript
- Develop a Marketing Plan
- Get Published!
What is the target audience?
- First-Time Authors
- If Your Manuscript Needs Polish
- If Your Manuscript is Unfinished
- Authors Who Want to Get Published